Thanksgiving Top Ten
Posted on November 24, 2015
We have so much to be thankful for at Trinity Christian School. What better way to prepare for the holiday than to compile our own Top 10 list?
Top Ten Thanksgiving List: (in random order)
10) The bigger picture: Whether we’re collecting shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child, the Veterans Day program, or our other community service outreaches, we are grateful to serve in projects bigger than our school community.
9) Challenges: Though it’s sometimes difficult to be thankful for them, daily challenges help to form our character and make us stronger. Challenging our students to grow is part of fulfilling the school’s mission. The high school math club recently took on a special challenge. Look for more about it in next’s week’s blog post.
8) Laughter: It’s a gift to enjoy every day!
7) Teachers that inspire and invest: We’re grateful for our teachers and the difference they are making a difference in the lives of our students!
6) Our beautiful facility and grounds: We start each day with a gorgeous view of the sun rising over the West Virginia mountain ridges and come inside to a well-equipped and maintained building.
5) Our Athletics and arts programs: Our students have multiple opportunities to develop their gifts and talents.
4) Community: Parents and grandparents, supporters and friends are so important to the success of our students and our school! We’re thankful for them all, including guests like Averee Fields, former WVU women’s basketball standout, who shared her faith at a recent secondary chapel.
3) Friendship: So thankful that God gave us each other to “do life” together.
2) Our students: They are why we do what we do. And we love them!
1) Freedom to pray and praise: Weekly chapels, prayer in the classrooms, and student-led Bible studies are just a few of the ways our students can freely express their faith on campus. What a gift!